We’re looking for a Publishing & Licensing Manager
March 11, 2020
3tone Records is an independent label based in central Bristol, with a growing roster of genre-spanning artists.
3tone Records is part of the wider 3tone group which encompasses artist management, publishing and more, run by a team with more than 50 years of combined industry experience working with artists as diverse as Amy Winehouse, Tame Impala, Josh Groban, Queens of the Stone Age and Flying Lotus.
We are currently seeking a Publishing & Licensing Manager, which is a brand-new role here at 3tone. You will work closely with our two Directors to build 3tone Publishing from scratch, helping us secure new business opportunities through our growing number of artists. You must be highly experienced in this field, with knowledge of registration, licensing, copyright and royalty collection.
• Managing all aspects of 3tone’s publishing business, including copyright licensing and coordinating with clients and Directors.
• Drive new business opportunities through our roster of artists, building and securing fruitful long-term relationships with clients.
• Building and maintaining accurate registrations of 3tone’s catalogue.
• Managing the delivery of timely and accurate copyright data to the Head of Marketing, sub-publishers, online processing partners and third-party licensees.
• Tending to client’s enquiries regarding any artists’ song requests.
• At least +5 years in a music publishing role, or equivalent experience in a related role including knowledge in copyright.
• You should be an expert in this field, with a complete understanding of all aspects of music publishing and bringing with you an established contact base.
• Must have experience reading and understanding music publishing contracts.
• You are well versed in policies, society rules and registration requirements.
• You are knowledgeable in the international treatment of BIEM rules, counterclaims/disputes and versions.
• Must be advanced in Excel and proficient in Word & PowerPoint.
• A natural forward planner with exceptional organisation skills.
• Highly numerate with exceptional analytical skills.
Please note this job description is a guide to the key duties this role will entail but should not be seen as an exhaustive list. 3tone Publishing is a growing business which means this role will need to adapt and change to meet the demands of the company.
If successful, 3tone is willing to negotiate a relocation package if required for the role.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
To apply, please put the job title in the subject line and email a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org